James Douglas ranks #1 on Google for top keyword | Ascend
- Ranking on page 1 of Google for top keyword
- Increased number of sessions by 88.87%
- Increased number of clicks to the site per month by an average of 400.
- Increased number of search impressions by 18400 per month.
- James Douglas operates in a saturated market, making it hard for them to reach potential customers with their online presence.
- The goal was to be the top-ranking company for sales and lettings in Cardiff and South Wales.
- An SEO and keyword strategy to help James Douglas outperform competitors and rank #1 for relevant keywords.
- Ranking well for specific and localised search terms to increase local traffic and produce high-quality leads.
“Whilst the James Douglas and Ascend partnership is fairly new, we are already impressed by their strategy, ideas and commitment to drive the SEO goals forward. They are constantly thinking of ways to help boost our online presence and support us.”
About James Douglas Sales and Lettings
James Douglas is a sales and lettings company based in Cardiff, South Wales. The company puts a strong focus on raising customer service standards and bringing new ideas to sell and rent properties quicker.
Some of their services include:
- Sales - The estate agency team assists with the sale and purchase of properties, making the process as smooth as possible for their clients.
- Lettings - The lettings team helps people find the perfect home to rent.
- Property and portfolio management - The James Douglas team manages properties on behalf of landlords. They offer a complete managed service, covering rent payments, tenancy agreements and licensing (HMO).
- Commercial properties - The commercial team advertises premises to sell or rent, from office space and retail to GP surgeries and hospitality venues.
- Holiday properties - From selling to managing short-term lettings, the James Douglas team helps property owners sell and rent their holiday homes.
Working in a saturated market, James Douglas struggled to boost their online presence. Competitors were dominating the market, making it hard for the team to reach potential customers digitally.
The team soon realised that to get the results they wanted, they’d need to partner with an expert.
And so, they reached out to us. Before long, we started working with the team to help them cut through the noise and start seeing results.
How we helped
After taking the time to understand what the business does and what they’re goals were, we began our strategic planning.
Because real estate is such a large industry, we identified the right areas for James Douglas to target so they could start seeing real results.
We knew we weren’t going to rank for the high volume keywords (the big agencies already dominate this space). Instead, we turned our attention to finding specific keywords and phrases with low competition, but enough traffic to attract quality leads. This involved targeting more specific and localised phrases, such as ‘Estate Agents Cardiff’.
How things progressed
Since working with the team at James Douglas, we’ve had regular catch-ups and meetings to discuss progress. We like to collaborate with our clients and keep them in the loop every step of the way.
During our catch-ups, we’d reflect on how our changes and improvements were performing. SEO best practices can change pretty quickly, so it’s important for us to keep on top of our activity and make changes based on performance. Then, we’d talk about what we plan to do for the month ahead.
Since working with James Douglas and performing on-site SEO, the company has seen an increase in sessions (88.87%). The site has also received a higher number of clicks, with an average of 400 per month. Search impressions have also risen to 18400 per month, and their website rankings have increased.
They were ranking #1 on Google for ‘Estate Agents Cardiff’, and currently sit on the first page. Studies show that simply being on page 1 of Google increases your chances of getting clicks. In fact, the top organic result is 10x more likely to receive a click compared to a page at the bottom, so the team at James Douglas are incredibly happy with these results.
“We have opted for a package where Ascend completes SEO work on our behalf and we're already looking forward to seeing these results over the coming months. Working with Ascend has also allowed us to think about how we drive the overall brand forward digitally. Thank you to Tom and the Team!”
Get in touch with Ascend today
Looking for guidance on how to improve your SEO and boost your online presence? Get in touch with Ascend to see how we can help your business grow.